Artist: Abraham Le Blond (London, 1819 - 1894).
Engraver: Abraham Le Blond.
Title: Head of Windermere. Windermere is the largest natural lake in England.
Numbered and Titled on embossed backing card: Head of Windermere. No. 39.
Dimensions: Image 2 1/4" x 3 5/8". Backing card 5 3/8" x 7 3/8".
Publisher: Le Blond & Co.
Materials and Techniques: Baxter-process print pasted on publisher's embossed card.
Mat and Frame: Impression mounted on original embossed wove card.
Condition: Fresh colors, no wear. The engraving was stored in the album for so long that a part of the paint from the surface was offsetting to the previous page and soaked into it. Some other pages of the album with a similar offsetting were dated May 1851. A detailed condition report is available on demand.
Catalog Raisonne: C.T. Courtney Lewis. The Le Blond Book. London, 1920. No. 1. P. 53, Reproduced.
Museums and Libraries: The British Museum 1936,1116.498.
Note: "Head of Windermere" is a part of the series "Small Landscapes" (C.T. Courtney Lewis). T
32. Brothers Water, Westmorland. Le Blond, No. 2.
33. Head of Windermere. Le Blond, No. 39.
34. Head of Derwentwater. Le Blond, No. 40.
35. Ullswater. Le Blond, No. 55.
36. Ballinahinch Lake. Le Blond, No. 57.
37. Loch Katrine, Scotland. Le Blond, No. 36.
38. Ben Lomond. Le Blond, no. 58.
Some of these prints are in our collection.